Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system causes inflammation and swelling of the spinal joints and adversely affects them. This causes painful swelling of the joints and vertebrae, which also affects the spine and pelvic area. It causes uncomfortable symptoms like pain and stiffness. Generally, these are the first symptoms seen in ankylosing spondylitis and felt in the lower back and the area covering the upper buttocks.
In the advanced cases of ankylosing spondylitis, there may be a complete loss of mobility. The entire region can become brittle and prone to breakage. The spine can become inflexible, which is also known as the bamboo spine. This leads to difficulty standing and walking in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Causes of ankylosing spondylitis:
Ankylosing spondylitis is considered a disease of autoimmune origin in which immune cells recognize healthy tissue as foreign or harmful organisms and trigger an immune response to destroy them. The sequence of damage that occurs in ankylosing spondylitis is – the first inflammation to occur, followed by destruction and finally fusion in the joints. However, the exact reason for ankylosing spondylitis to occur is not yet clear.
Factors Contributing to Ankylosing Spondylitis:
1. Age: In most cases, ankylosing spondylitis is reported between the ages of 20 and 30 years. It particularly affects those in their early 20s. In some cases, it is also found by the age of 18.
2. Gender: Men are generally more likely to develop ankylosing spondylitis than women. The average ratio of ankylosing spondylitis in men and women is 3: 1.
3. Genetics: A family history of ankylosing spondylitis disease can increase the likelihood of ankylosing spondylitis symptoms by up to 20%. An additional presence of HLA-B27 positive increases the risk of developing the disease.
Homeopathy Treatment For Ankylosing Spondylitis:
Homeopathy is considered to be one of the best methods of treating patients with symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis. Homeopathic treatment helps rebalance the overactive immune system and stop the disease from growing and progressing. For the best results, it is always advisable to treat the disease at its early stages.
Treatment of ankylosing spondylitis using the homeopathic system of medicine can be most effective if treatment is timely and in the initial stages, when not much elastic tissue is lost. In the initial stages, homeopathy can easily reverse the situation and the prognosis is considered good.
At the later stage, when extensive bone formation has remodeled the elastic tissue, homeopathic intervention is unsuccessful in reversing the situation. However, it is still helpful in relieving the uncomfortable symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis.
Ankylosing spondylitis is an irreversible disease that cannot be cured once it begins. However, their progress can be effectively controlled. When viewed as the primary treatment option, homeopathy can effectively treat the symptoms of the condition. Long-term use of homeopathic medicines would not cause any side effects and homeopathy is very safe.
4 best homeopathic remedies for ankylosing spondylitis:
Commonly indicated homeopathic remedies for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis are listed below:
1.Aesculus: This remedy is recommended when the patient with ankylosing spondylitis has pain in the lumbosacral area with extreme stiffness. The medicine is effective in treating pain, worsening or tearing pain, and difficulty walking when getting up from a seat.
2. Rhus Tox: This remedy is useful in treating various types of pain. If the pain and stiffness in the hips and back are worse at rest, Rhus Tox is indicated. It helps relieve the pain that becomes aggressive after a period of inactivity. Walking also helps with back pain and hip pain relief.
3.Cimicifuga: It is recommended when there is some stiffness in the neck area. If the neck muscles feel retracted and deteriorate in the cold air, this remedy is indicated
4. Kali Carb: Recommended when the back feels extremely weak and there is a feeling of paralytic weakness in the back. If the back is very painful and feels like it’s broken, this remedy can help. Kali Carb is indicated when the patient is experiencing pain that moves from the lower back to the thighs or even the upper back.
Why Choose Homeopathy For Successful Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment?
Ankylosing spondylitis is an autoimmune disease that can be successfully treated with homeopathic treatment if it is recognized and treated in the initial stages, along with a correct assessment of the possible disorders that are causing the symptom, proper advice on physical activity, and proper medication Consultation. Conventional treatment is unsatisfactory because certain drugs can cause side effects. In the case of surgical methods, they are only recommended in advanced cases in order to restore the mobility of the spine. So, diagnosing and treating ankylosing spondylitis in the initial stages with homeopathy will help you get promising results.
Now that you know how advanced homeopathy is in treating ankylosing spondylitis, you can count on homeopathy without a second thought if you have the disease.